An open source Android Xposed Module App to customize the visibility of menu options from 3-dot overflow menu to the action bar in the official Google Keep app.
Keep Trash has been featured on XDA-Portal.
I use Google Keep a lot to jot down thoughts that come to my mind, thoughts that may come in handy in future. This leads to many notes scattered all over the app.
To delete a note, I had to -
- Long tap the note
- Tap on the 3-dot overflow menu
- Tap on 'Delete'.
It a bit annoying to have an extra tap to open the 3-dot overflow menu just so that I could reach the 'Delete' button. Such was the case with a few more menu options that were hidden inside the overflow menu and were an extra tap away.
So I moved the buttons to the action bar. Now, to delete a note -
- Long tap the note
- Tap on 'Delete'
In v1.1, I implemented a customizable icon listing in the action bar when the note was selected in the official Google Keep app. Users can choose any combination, such as select only one among the menu icons listed below, choose any two, choose all three or choose none. Users can choose among the following icons -
In v1.2, I implemented a customizable icon listing in the action bar when the note was being edited in the official Google Keep app. Just like v1.1, users can select any combination among the menu items listed below -
- Show/Hide Checkboxes
After 2 years, with v2.0 comes a completely re-written implementation of the Xposed module. The code is more flexible and robust. Keep Trash now uses the new material design and new material drawables that are consistent with the official Google Keep app. Now, visibility of 6 menu items can be toggled - Delete, Archive, Share, Label, Reminder and Color Changer. For more details, check the changelog.
You can select the icons you want to show in your Google Keep app action bar and customize your Google Keep experience.
How to Use?
- Install Xposed framework for android by the developer rovo89
- Install Keep Trash
- Enable Keep Trash in Xposed
- Xposed framework
- Android 4.0.3+
Bugs reports, suggestions and support can be found on XDA-developers thread for Keep Trash.
- Minor change to the Xposed Module description that shows up in the Xposed installer
- Completely re-written Xposed implementation that is more robust and flexible
- Add support for Google Keep v3.3+
- Visibility of 6 menu icons can be customized - Delete, Archive, Share, Label, Reminder and Color Picker
- New Keep Trash app icon
- New material design for the Keep Trash app
- New material drawables for the Google Keep action bar
- Removed floating action button (for now?)
- Removed customization of 'Note Editor' action bar as Google Keep doesn't have those options in action bar anymore
- Fix action bar icons' sizes in official Google Keep
- Remove "Exit" button from Keep Trash action bar
- Added German translations (thanx to mihahn @ XDA-developers)
- Ability to choose which icons (Archive or Show/Hide checkboxes) should show up in action bar when the note is being edited in the official Google Keep app (any combination can be selected)
- Add android L style floating button to open Google Keep from Keep Trash (thanx to FAB library)
- Change supported android version to 4.0.3+ (API 15+) (Google Keep supports 4.0.3+ only)
- Fix module description in Xposed Installer after install
- Add padding to "Share" icon to make it a bit smaller
- Set action bar color to blue
NOTE - If you have previously disabled the GUI in v1.0, uninstall and reinstall Keep Trash to enable the new GUI to see the customization options.
- Ability to choose which icons you want to show up in official Google Keep's action bar (any combination from Archive, Delete and Share can be set. Any one among these, any two, all or none)
- Switch from Holo theme to Holo light with dark action bar
- Remove 'Disable GUI' checkbox
- Enable 'Open Google Keep in Play Store' permanently
- Code clean up
- Initial release
Source code of the app can be found at my Github repository.
The source code is licensed under GNU General Public License v3 (GPL v3)
© 2014 - 2016 Shubhang Rathore